Eucalyptus essential oil has a clean, refreshing aroma that supports easy breathing, dispels odors, and clears the mind. Emotionally, Eucalyptus oil is used to decrease feelings of tension and promote relaxation.
Size: 15 mL
- Add one drop of Eucalyptus oil to moisturizer and apply to skin for revitalizing benefits.
- Combine Eucalyptus oil with Lemon oil and Peppermint oil in a spray bottle and use it to wipe down surfaces in your kitchen or bathroom.
- While showering, place a few drops of Eucalyptus oil in the hands, place over nose, and inhale deeply to invigorate and promote vitality.
- For a DIY deodorizing spray, combine a few drops of Eucalyptus oil, Lavender oil, and your choice of citrus oil to a spray bottle with water.
- Diffuse Eucalyptus oil with Juniper Berry oil and Douglas Fir oil for a refreshing, relaxing winter scent in the home.
What are the benefits of Eucalyptus oil?
Eucalyptus oil benefits include:
- Promoting feelings of open airways
- Creating a cooling and soothing vapor
- Creating a soothing massage
- Providing support during menstruation
There are dozens of benefits of Eucalyptus oil, which makes it popular and beloved in the essential oil world. doTERRA Eucalyptus essential oil is sourced from Eucalyptus radiata leaves harvested in Australia, where growing conditions make the oil particularly rich in eucalyptol. Eucalyptol produces a cooling, soothing vapor when inhaled or applied topically. This vapor is beneficial to the airways when inhaled. When you feel under the weather, diffuse Eucalyptus oil, or rub a couple drops onto your chest, to promote feelings of open airways.
The cooling properties of Eucalyptus oil also make it deal for a soothing massage. To ease sore muscles, add a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to your favorite carrier oil, such as Fractionated Coconut Oil, and massage gently for relief. Eucalyptus oil offers soothing support during menstruation when massaged onto the lower abdomen.
How do I use Eucalyptus oil?
The aroma of Eucalyptus oil has a relaxing quality that makes it a favorite scent for spas. The minty aroma of Eucalyptus oil calms feelings of tension and stress and helps clear the mind. Diffuse Eucalyptus oil when you feel stressed or anxious, or before bed to help yourself unwind. Try putting a few drops of Eucalyptus oil at your feet during your next shower to experience the oil’s invigorating properties.
Eucalyptus oil is purifying and cleansing and can be beneficial for the skin and hair. If you have oily skin, try adding a few drops of Eucalyptus oil to your skin toner or moisturizer.
Eucalyptus oil can also be used as a room deodorizer. To make a natural deodorizing spray, add Eucalyptus essential oil to a spray bottle filled with distilled water.
How is Eucalyptus oil made?
For hundreds of years, Australian Aboriginal people have used eucalyptus to soothe skin irritations and promote feelings of clear airways. Because it is home to nearly all 700 known species of eucalyptus, Australia is the ideal location for sourcing Eucalyptus oil.
Eucalyptus trees can grow up to 50 feet tall, with long green leaves. As an evergreen tree, the Eucalyptus tree requires a lot of water to survive. Eucalyptus essential oil is steam distilled from the leaf of the Eucalyptus radiata tree.