Refreshing and energizing, Lime essential oil has a host of health benefits including, immune, cleansing, and respiratory.* Its aroma is emotionally uplifting, and its flavor makes it a favorite for cooking.
Size: 15 mL
- Diffuse Lime to cleanse the air and lift your mood.
- Put some Lime on a cotton pad and use to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
- Add a drop of Lime to your drinking water for enhanced flavor and as a gentle daily cleanse.*
- Add one drop to your facial cleanser or shampoo for added cleansing properties.
- Take three to four drops in a veggie capsule or in your water to support a healthy immune system.*
- Inhale Lime while studying and then apply to wrists again while testing on the same subjects.
- Combine 1–2 drops Lime with equal amounts Tea Tree (Melaleuca) for a soothing scalp massage.
What Are the Benefits of Lime Oil?
The tart, citrus aroma of Lime energizes and uplifts the mood. This citrus oil offers powerful cleansing benefits and supports healthy immune function.* It is used in cooking to enhance the flavor of both sweet and savory dishes. Due to its high limonene content, Lime essential oil provides internal cleansing benefits.*
Like other citrus oils, Lime is rich in limonene, but it also has a high concentration of beta-pinene, which adds to Lime oil’s uplifting properties. Diffused, it brings a sense of happiness and an energizing boost. This refreshing oil can be diffused during periods of low motivation or decreased energy and focus, as it can dispel exhaustion and uplift the mind. It may also help reduce feelings of sadness.
Can You Drink Lime Oil?
Lime essential oil is often used as a complement to internal cleanses, because it is rich in antioxidants, internally cleansing, and supports the immune system and liver health.* Put a drop in your water each morning to start your day.
Support your respiratory and immune system health by taking one or two drops of Lime in a veggie capsule during times when seasonal threats are high.*
Tart and tasty, Lime is also a popular addition to recipes, from spicy marinades to tangy smoothies. For dozens of recipe ideas with Lime essential oil, visit the doTERRA blog.
Where Does Lime Essential Oil Come From?
doTERRA Lime essential oil is cold pressed from the rind of the Key lime fruit and is sourced in Brazil. It is a hybrid citrus that can be successfully grown is most areas where there is no winter frost. While all varieties of lime share similar therapeutic properties, Key lime is highly sought after for its strong, robust flavor and zesty fragrance, which is due to its higher acidity compared to other limes.
Lime blends well with many other oils, including Cedarwood, Cilantro, Basil, Black Pepper, Lavender, Grapefruit, and Ylang Ylang.