Patchouli Essential Oil
Part of the mint family, Patchouli is more prevalent than you might expect. Its powerful, rich scent helps encourage equanimity and feelings of balance. Patchouli oil also offers many benefits to the skin, including reducing the appearance of blemishes.
- Include Patchouli oil in your daily skin care routine. Apply directly or add a few drops to your cleanser or moisturizer.
- Pair Patchouli oil with Peppermint and water for a refreshing mouth rinse.
- To encourage feelings of collectedness after a long or frustrating day, diffuse and/or apply Patchouli oil to your temples, the back of your neck, wrists, or other desired areas.
- Add a few drops of Patchouli oil to your deodorant or detergent for a sweet, camphoraceous twist in aroma.
- For a DIY perfume or cologne, combine a blend of essential oils with Fractionated Coconut Oil in an empty roll-on bottle. You might try 34 drops Wild Orange, 20 drops Douglas Fir and 18 drops Patchouli oil, or create your own new signature scent from the oils you like best.
What Does Patchouli Oil Smell Like?
Patchouli’s sweet, musky scent has long been prevalent in the fragrance industry, but its aroma is good for far more than perfumes and colognes. The smell of Patchouli oil is distinct and easily recognizable. It is also grounding to the emotions and bolsters feelings of stability, harmony, and composure. Patchouli oil blends especially well with the floral and wood oils.
What Is Patchouli Oil Good For?
Internally, Patchouli essential oil may aid a healthy digestive tract and was used historically as an internal cleanser.*
Patchouli oil’s gentle cleansing properties also make it beneficial to the skin. Topical application of Patchouli oil reduces the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes, and other minor skin imperfections. It promotes a smooth, healthy-looking complexion. Patchouli oil’s freshening qualities, combined with its popular musk, lend it particularly well for topical application to the feet or underarms.
Where Does Patchouli Essential Oil Come From?
Sourced in Indonesia, Patchouli is a bushy plant from the mint family. Its small, pink-white flowers are potent, but the essential oil is steam distilled from the leaves.